The Ben Carson Index
I've written quite a bit about Ben Carson on this site. It started off when he was much less well known, and was invited to be give the commencement speech at the local university, but with his rise in political popularity, it has expanded into two in-depth series and several more individual entries. So, to give one location with links to all of my Ben Carson entries, I've created this index. If I post more about him, I'll try to remember to add a link here.
Here are individual entries, in chronological order.
- Local University Invites Creationist to Give Commencement Address
- A Response to Ben Carson's Comments on Navy Bible Kerfuffle
- Another Look at Ben Carson's Views on Evolution
- Ben Carson Being Noticed by Popular Science Writers
- Yet Another Look at Ben Carson's Views on Evolution - His Creation vs. Evolution Speech
- A Response to Ben Carson's Creation vs. Evolution Video (an in-depth rebuttal of his claims)
First Series - A Critical Examination of Ben Carson
This was my first attempt at an in-depth investigation of Carson's political positions. I tried to be fair by looking at a 'snapshot' of the articles on his own homepage at the time, rather than focus on issues where I knew I disagreed with him. But, because he's written so many op-eds for the Washington Times, and this series only looked at a small part of the totality of his writing, it didn't necessarily address the most important issues, which is a big part of the reason for the second series below. Still, there are some pretty good entries in this series.
- Part 1 - Evolution
- Part 2 - Religious Privilege
- Part 3 - Healthcare & Romanticizing the Past
- Part 4 - Ebola
- Part 5 - Global Warming
- Part 6 - Equal Opportunity
- Part 7 - Honesty & Constitutional Literacy
- Part 8 - Torture
- Part 9 - Shoddy Scholarship
- Wrap Up
Second Series - Ben Carson on the Issues
This second series looked mostly at the issues on Carson's own campaign website in the section, Ben on the Issues. I figured that was a good way to pick the issues he himself found most important to discuss, without anyone being able to accuse me of cherry-picking Carson's worst stances. However, there were two major issues that Carson failed to address on his website, which I thought were important enough to add to the series - Climate Change and Marriage Equality. Note that the first entry covers so many individual issues because they're each covered only briefly, while the rest of the series addresses the issues a little more fully.
- Part I, Abortion, Education, Gitmo, Healthcare, Russia, Israel, and Climate Change
- Part II, Second Amendment
- Part III, Balanced Budget Amendment
- Part IV, Faith in Society
- Part V, Taxes
- Part VI, Marriage Equality