The following links all go to the Oremus Bible Browser. It is a very useful site with a very good presentation of the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV). Unfortunately, it is a little lacking in navigation - hence this page.
Oremus has included some important notes about the NRSV, which you should read before browsing that translation of the Bible.
- To The Reader: the preface to the NRSV.
- Preface: The preface to the Anglicized Edition of the NRSV.
- Permission: How you may use the text of the NRSV
- About the Apocrypha: the status of the Apocrypha/Deuterocanonical books of the Old Testament.
- About the Book of Esther: a note about the Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical portions of the Book of Esther.
Please note that the NRSV is a copyrighted work, so be sure to read the permissions if you plan to quote it.
Also note that Oremus is a free service that accepts donations. Follow that link to the Oremus Bible Browser to see how to donate.
New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989, Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.